The Kitchen Appliance I Can't Live Without
Warning: This post has the potential to sound like an infomercial.
This isn't sponsored and I'm not getting paid to rave about this product, but today I'm giving a big shout out to my new found love-- the air fryer. Many of you saw me post about it on Instagram when I first brought er' home from Target. My life changed from the second I started using it!
Let me start by saying I use my oven a lot less. A LOT less. My DASH brand air fryer will literally cook anything to near perfection in hardly any time at all. It does extremely well with frozen foods- making lunch for kids a breeze. Sure, it's pretty small, but honestly the size hasn't bothered me.
No oil is required when you "fry" favorite foods, yet somehow everything comes out crispy and delish! Today I'm going to share a list of my favorite things to throw in the DASH Air Fryer!
1. French Fries & Chicken Nuggets- I put these two on the same line for obvious reasons. If you have kids this machine is a dream. You can throw in your favorite frozen nuggets and fries and in just a few minutes they're crispy and fabulous without frying them! God is good, y'all.
2. Frozen Veggies- Basically any frozen vegetable is excellent in the air fryer. I sometimes drizzle a little oil over veggies and I always add seasoning, but oil is optional.
3. Fresh Broccoli & Cauliflower- the tiniest bit of oil, garlic, salt, and pepper will make you crave this veggie concoction from the air fryer. Seriously, so good.
4. Panko & Parm encrusted chicken- Super simple. Mix your parm and panko with the seasonings of your choice, dip your thawed chicken breast in an egg/milk mixture and then coat with your dry mix-- toss it in the air fryer and around 12-15 minutes later you'll be thanking me. Chicken comes out so moist (yeah, I said it).
5. Shrimp- frozen shrimp tossed in a tiny bit of butter and air fried!
6. Hot Dogs- another kid fave! I buy all natural beef franks and they cook perfectly in this dreamy kitchen gadget.
7. Potatoes- You basically can't go wrong by putting potatoes in this thing.
The possibilities are absolutely endless. Another thing I LOVE about my DASH is the cleanup. It's so easy to clean!
PRO TIP: I always set my temp to 350 and set the timer for 15 minutes regardless of what I'm cooking. Halfway through the timer I pull out the tray and give my food a good shake before letting it finish cooking.
I can't say enough good things about it! AND it just happens to be on sale on Target.com (I'll link it below).
The one thing we haven't tried in it is dessert. I recently challenged my husband to a dessert-off air fryer style- We're going to do that soon and report back. Be sure to follow along on Instagram (i'd hate for you to miss the good stuff).